Where the Hell is That Taiwan Guy? IN TUNGHAI! [台灣三太子在東海]





If anyone's ever noticed, I've been randomly mentioning this guy, 吳健衡, and the extraordinary things he's been doing for a while now. And today, our school had the honor to invite him to do a talk for our 表演藝術月!

沒有來的朋友真的太可惜啦!!!

I was actually surprised to learn that he's only had this going for the past 1.5 years, somehow I thought it'd be much longer. Probably cuz it has had quite some impact on me and how I think about the things we can do for Taiwan, pursuing our dreams and all that. 

I'm ALSO quite surprised whenever I realize how few people are into traveling, especially traveling alone, not to mention carrying tons of equipment and really trying to make an impression on the world. It's probably too much exposure to the chances and diversity the world has to offer. 

The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page. - St. Augustine

Who wouldn't want to read the entire book? :P


lol he's like a rockstar :P

其實整個演講的過程都很精彩,也很佩服吳健衡有很多屬於自己對於人生及旅行的態度


尤其是聽了很多很棒的故事,
因為旅行不只是在創造自己的故事,更是為別人創造他們的故事
I especially LOVE this part!


但我覺得也非常有趣的是,分享結束之後的Q&A
which I myself had a few questions prepared for him too :P

在每一個這樣有關自己去旅行的演講結束後,觀眾都一定會問到的問題一定有以下三個:
1. 錢怎麼辦?
2. 家人不同意怎麼辦?
3. 陌生的國家很危險怎麼辦?


這次還是我頭一次聽到有人問 "女朋友怎麼辦?" 的. 哈哈哈






這些都是很現實的問題, but what I really wanted to know was ... 


1. If he knows of anyone who has been inspired by what he's done, and had been probably grateful enough to share their story with him


Well, he answered that many were probably encouraged to set off for their own travels. I know ... many people do that. But not many people travel with a such strong purposes as he does. I'd just love to know how he compares himself with other travelers and how he might have been learning from one another :P


and secondly
2. 經過了這麼多國外旅行的經驗之後, 除了在跑演講以外, 有沒有回到台灣後再以旅行的方式重新認識台灣?






Apparently, he cares a lot about how Taiwanese people are too narrow-minded, don't have a global perspective, are stereotypical about cultures we don't know enough of ...  


可是 ... 這不也是他自己對於台灣的一個偏見嗎?
and I'd wonder if he's ever recently taken a look around him, at the courage and creativity many MANY Taiwanese have been embracing, and they really aren't all that "stereotypical" as he's noted.






Q&A的時候, 其實真的覺得, 辛苦他了哈哈哈. 感覺很多觀眾後來就開始拼命的逼出可能會回答不出來的問題. 最後, 竟然敗在 "大學對你來說是什麼?"


其實 ... 回答說, 只是為了爭取個文憑 ... 好像有點可惜 >3<
我想大學對很多人來說 ... 是個機會, 增廣見聞, 結交來自四面八方的朋友, 添加專業技能 ... blah blah blah, all of that. but ...


我想大學對吳健衡來說 ... 應該是個能夠突顯自己與眾不同的機會, 
一個能夠與人跳脫開來的階段. 
利用大部份人埋頭學習, 搞社團, 等等等的時候, 來創造自己的不一樣 ... 吧?


沒有大學這個階段, 或許在高中畢業後就會被工作壓得喘不過氣, 
可能就不會有這樣的時間和空間, 來知道自己可能失去的是什麼









But all in all, great talk! 
Keep shuffling!


沒有留言:

張貼留言