[Cambodia] Must Go!

Wow ... Cambodia, what a journey. There is so much to be written about this short but abundant one week trip, to a country where many has journeyed to before ... pilgrimages to a thousand years of magnificent history, and heartful tributes to the victims of the country's tragic past of the modern age. I can't believe I never put this on the bucket list, but I'm hoping that everyone should, visit and be awed by the remains of the Angkor Era at least once in a lifetime.

[As mentioned as one of my 24th birthday wishes!]

How I decided to take a chance to Cambodia? A one week break from work was hard (but not unlikely) to gain, and I contemplated on various places like Malaysia, Laos, Japan ... anywhere closer within a 6-8 hours flight. And Cambodia came up top, being a tourist destination for at least a million visitors each year, seemed like an assuring place to be traveling alone! 

I'm still feeling really lucky to have been in Cambodia during its wet season, although some rain and clouds were endured, not the best sunny skies for beautiful pictures, but that would be my unique memory of the place forever on anyways. I keep thinking this almost the entire trip: WYSIATI, What you see is all there is. How can I not see something that I did not see? How can I experience something that didn't happen? I couldn't have asked for anything more. It was an awesome one week in Cambodia! One of the best decisions I've ever made!

沒有留言:

張貼留言